Great Collection of Quotes and Poems

Quotations and poems are used for a variety of reasons to illuminate the meaning or to support the arguments of the work in which it is being quoted, or to provide direct information about the work being quoted. Quotations and poems are like interesting friends. You collect them gradually, one at a time. May be my collection is small, but it will inspire me and my life a lot.






I cannot understand

how two people

who used to be so close,

whose souls were knit

so tightly together

could suddenly

be parted

and stripped away forever

from each other’s arms

mere whispers

used to draw our hearts together,

but now even my loudest cries

fail to bring you back to me

how can it be?

how can you suddenly

be so far away from me?

must I accept your passing

as a fitting end to what we’ve had?

should I accept that from this moment

there will always be a chasm between us

one that I can never cross

to see you

and to be with you again

not even for a single happy while

have you really gone away

have you really left me

all alone

can’t you hear me now as I speak

can’t you see me now as I search the skies

for traces of your smile

O how I wish you could see me now

And how I desire that all this time

that I’ve been praying,

you’re really sitting there, listening

gazing at me

loving me

as you’ve always done before

How I pray

you have not really gone,

that you haven’t left my side at all,

not even for a short lonely while

That all the while I have been weeping

you’re holding out your hand

catching my every tear

that all the while I have been praying

you’re praying with me, too

and with all the angels

in whose company

you now walk amongst

Who knows indeed?

who knows?

maybe you haven’t really left

maybe the love we’ve had

has woven a golden thread

between you and me

a thread that shall remain

as surely as love remains

a thread that shall draw us together

forever

and we’ll never ever need

to say goodbye.

========





Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Followers

Great Collection of Quotes and Poems's Fan Box


Popular Tags

Back to top
Back to Top